Sunday, October 9, 2016

October 9 - Boundaries



I have been working on keeping Boundaries with people.  It has been tremendously hard.  I have benefited so much from not having any boundaries.  People in my family have been more than fair to me helping me over and over again.  For years on top of years.

The past few years I have learned about Boundaries and how it is wrong to not have boundaries.  You may think you are helping a person however; you are actually crippling them.  It is so hard for me to say NO to people who need help  - especially my kids.

I am now accountable for keeping boundaries.  I can't say that I didn't know the damage it would cause anymore.  I am responsible for the knowledge I have now.  I have read the boundaries book and listen to it on Audible.com.  I keep it in the front of my mind.

It is important for me to stay in my lane.  The person who I think I am helping really needs the experience to be able to see themselves and grow.  Nothing can stop the consequences of your actions. You have to have those consequences so you can grow. Stepping into a persons life so they don't have to have the consequences of their actions cripples them.  In the short term it may help them however; in the long term it stunts their growth.

Seek your own path - wherever it may take you; it can not be wrong.


#SpeakLyfe  #SpiritualPSA  #SpiritualSistasRock

 

No comments:

Post a Comment