Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12 - My Path


Tuesday was a tough day for me.  I decided to stop studying meditation at the Buddhist Temple. I'd been thinking about leaving since the Peach March on September 24th.  Up till then I was enjoying being at meditation in the park on Saturdays and then meditation on Tuesdays with a study group.  I was so happy to be connected to my heart again that the only thing that mattered was being immersed in that spiritual environment.  When I started having questions about what was I doing and why was I still there I chalked it up to not wanting to 'eat my vegetables'.

What I had to remember is that I'm on MY spiritual journey.   No matter how much I am enjoying it; I still have to do what is right with me.  I can't hide from what I really need to do with my life.  There will be many more spiritual lessons that come in different type of ways.  I will discover some and keep them and discover others and not keep them.  I have to keep my need for attachment in perspective.

It's easy to be on the look out for bad things.   We have been programmed to beware of the boggie man.   We have not been programmed to beware of the good parts about your spiritual journey that may or may be yours to keep.

In the end a true teacher will want you to explore. A true creator will want you to explore.  A true spiritual path is one that creates itself - is not defined by the allure of a feel good moment.

#BESpiritual

Peace & Love


#SpeakLyfe   #SpiritualPSA   #SpiritualSistasRock

No comments:

Post a Comment