Thursday, October 6, 2016

October 6 - Are you drinking the Kool Aid?


Drinking the Kool Aid?

That has been the thought in my mind for the past few weeks.
I have really enjoyed doing Meditation, Yoga and Reiki. Now that the honey moon period is over and I'm at the 'eat your vegetables stage I'm starting to hear the part I don't like about being spiritual. The part that sound like Religion.

Whoever created me; did so in a manner where only I know how and what my spirit needs.  I get to choose what feeds me and how I practice.  I am ok with hearing other peoples views I am just not ok with "if you don't do it this way, then you can't achieve the spiritual connection you need.

So my thought today is no matter how much you need a spiritual life be willing to invest in yourself and find what really works for you.  Whatever you try is giving you more insight and it can't harm  you. Whoever created you has to have thick enough skin to know you are a human being along with being a spiritual being and you will try different things to see what works for you.

I know what I want spiritually.  I am in the process of creating a practice that will aid me in my journey.  I enjoy my yoga, meditation and Reiki I just have to tune out some of the lectures and dogma that go along with it.  I'm being taught by humans so I know their views spill over into their teaching.

I appreciate my teachers.  I appreciate the lessons.  I appreciate the freedom to discover what works for me spiritually.

Peace & Love


#SpeakLyfe   #SpiritualPSA   #SpiritualSistasRock


No comments:

Post a Comment