Thursday, October 13, 2016

October 13 - Be Kind to Yourself


I have a Vision board door and a Vision board on my refrigerator.
A few days ago I was questioning being able to get everything in line that I needed to do for the next year to achieve my goals.  Some how I went from my TO DO list which I love, to telling myself all the ways that I was blowing it.  It happened so easily.  From positive comments and excitement about my future to - Storm you are not cutting it!

And then something happened that usually never does without long text conversations with my sister - this affirmation came to my mind.  I didn't write it out immediately, it took a day for me to do it.  I woke up the next morning and thought about all the things I need to do and I said "put the sign up" so the next time you start questioning yourself you will have this reminder.

Just because you teach and help does not mean that your life is a bed of roses.  I have had a few fitness clients who didn't want to train with me because I was recovering from an injury.  I told them up front I could train them however; I could not do the workout with them.  After their free session they declined to sign up with me.  Back then it was a kick in the gut- I was real ego driven back then.  Today I refuse to take clients who during their consultation believe the person helping them should be perfect or do the work for them.  I refuse to trap myself.  I am here for my clients - we are a team.   We both learn lessons during their journey.  We all have heard the Teacher appears when the student is ready.   For me I enjoy my teachers flaws.  It gives me hope that a flawed person like me can someday walk peacefully along my spiritual journey.  It reminds me not to give up no matter how bad I feel.

Today  if you can, notice if you get on your case more than you would a friend or family member who approached you with the same issue.  If you notice that you are too hard on yourself start peeling back the layers and find out why.  For me it was because I don't really in my heart of heart believe Spirit can overcome when I 'miss' the LESSON. When I mess up.  It is a process to trust I can't mess my PURPOSE up.  My belief is slowly changing, I am more open to being KIND TO MYSELF.


Peace & Love


#SpeakLyfe   #SpiritiualPSA   #SpiritualSistasRock

No comments:

Post a Comment