Wednesday, October 5, 2016

October 5


I used to work as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor - Residential treatment.  I knew I wanted to work as a Life Coach however; the need for money drove me to work as a Counselor thinking I could work as a Life Coach in the evening.  I was so wrong because being a Counselor almost destroyed my humanity. I could not believe what I saw being done to people who were helpless and disenfranchised.  I now know I needed to see it so I would NEVER refer anyone to Drug and Alcohol treatment.  Medical advances have made it possible for anyone in addiction to DETOX in 3 days or less. From there it is all about your support system.  No need to be in residential treatment.  No need to be misdiagnosed/half diagnosed to fulfill a quota so the company can get paid.  No need to be treated by professionals who admit they were once drug addicts or alcoholics and some how miraculously they are able to come through treatment and go back to work - beat the odds/not be a statistic however; you as the patient are stuck.  You are fed hopelessness and if you try to feel better quicker you are told that you have some type of mental illness and they quote the statistics to you.  

We each experience different things; if you allow them to they will guide you to your PURPOSE and keep you headed in the direction of your change.  It was a hard pill to swallow learning mines however; today I am so grateful.

#SpeakLyfe was birthed from that experience.  As I work as a Life Coach I believe 100% in my clients ability to tap into their Spiritual self and be able to navigate any issue as a LESSON and not a Mental Illness that needs hospitalization and or medication.  All those may be necessary to get stabilized however; no one has the right to tell you that it is the only option you will ever have.

In the end it is all going to take work.  You have to do your work and I have to do mines regardless of my title or education.  It's all a process and each of us will slip, trip and fall many times before we ever successfully complete one step.  And that is ok.  I believe I am a "Spiritual being having a Human experience" and this is all a part of that journey. I may not be where another person is along their journey however; it does not mean they are better than me or have the right to speak negative into my life.

Here's to the journey...


Peace & Love


#SpeakLyfe   #SpiritualPSA   #SpiritualSistasRock   #NoPasses


No comments:

Post a Comment